Thursday, October 2, 2008

Created in His Image

Last night I was helping out with Powerlife our 7th and 8th grade confirmation program and our senior pastor spoke on creation the first couple chapters of the Bible...Genesis 1 and 2 about all the things that God created in the beginning. He talked about how after God created them he said..."and saw that it was good." We are part of God's creation and he created us in "His Image" (Genesis 1:27). This means that He created us to be like him and act like him. Not only did he create us in His image, he saw that we are good. God was a generous, loving, non-judgemental, accepting man. So often we are pressured in school, at work, from friends and/or family to be someone we're not. Especially in 7th and 8th grade. I pray for these middle schoolers through these tough years that they would hear God's word and know his heart for them. That they would resist temptation from the enemy and falling in the trap of trying to be someone they're not. It's hard in this broken world not to fall into that trap because there is always someone saying...."hey if you were only better at that" or "I wish you would do this..." These are the traps that we all fall into and we end up doing something that we may have never wanted to do or that would make us someone that we are not. Please Lord, speak to these students and everyone in this season.



On the 7th day the Lord rested from all of the work that he had completed. As the 7 days of completion were demonstrated by students last night, the last one just stuck out to me today. God rested on the 7th day. This is a huge reminder to me that I need to take a day of the week to rest. I work so hard on the other 6 that I need to rest, take a sabbath and keep that day Holy as God did. Too often I am running, running, running and I get run down. I get so run down that I am exhausted and not even wanting to hang out with anyone or talk to anyone. That is not a good state to be in. Luckily that hasn't been the case lately but it was a wake-up call last night that I need to continue to take a day of rest and just kind of "chill". Thank you Lord for the amazing things that you are teaching me in this season. I pray for the middle schoolers and all the leaders that they get rest and that they don't try to be someone they are not. I pray for protection over them. Thank you for your creation and your works. I love you Lord!

No comments: