Sunday, October 5, 2008

Ephesians 2:8-10

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works so that no one can boast. For we are God's handiwork created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God has prepared in advance for us to do." Eph. 2-8-10

These verses...specifically vs. 10 keep popping up throughout my weeks. 2 weeks ago I was in Wisconsin visiting my grandma for her 80th b-day and I went to a church that she attends. This was the main scripture for the sermon. In the past two weeks, I have seen this vs. in AT LEAST 3-4 other spots. Now I have started to memorize vs. 10. This is interesting to me because I am not a good memorize nor does God usually speak to me through verses. I enjoy this though...God is doing some cool things right now. So I am not exactly sure what God wants me to learn from these verses but I do know that I need to pray over these verses and ask God what he wants me to learn and see from them. I definately feel like the last vs., vs. 10 has to do with whatever job God has for me to do next. I am not sure though that that is all of the meaning of that vs. I was talking to some friends at church about this vs. and one of them said that it could be several things that God has prepared in advance for me, not just job related. I never thought about it like that. I just find it non-coincidental that I have seen this vs. at least 4 times in 2 weeks.

Lord, I pray that you show me what these verses mean. What do you want me to learn from them? Lord I pray that you speak to me, show me specifics, and help me have spiritual eyes and spiritual ears so that I don't miss any important steps in the works that you have planned in advance for me. I pray that they all fall together like pieces in a puzzle. Thank you for being so faithful to me when I don't deserve it. Thank you for giving me hope and faith for the things unseen. Reveal the unseen things to me Lord. Thank you Jesus!

No comments: