Sunday, October 12, 2008

New Adventures in Des Moines

Well, the church in MN finally called me last Monday evening, a month and a day after my interview and said that they could not offer me a job but that I made it very tough for them to decide. I was relieved that they finally called me. I had planned to call them the very next day since I hadn't heard from them. I was not upset that I was not offered the job. I feel like that was totally the right thing and after praying about it and thinking about certain things over the past month, I realized that I may not have even taken the job if they had offered it to me a month later. I am so thankful that I know and that God placed it on my heart that I am supposed to stay in the DM area.

Later that evening (last Monday), after I had received that phone call I was checking my facebook and received a message from one of my freshman girls in my ignition small group. She basically told me how she was telling her mother that I am an amazing leader and can change the lives and tougch the lives of everyone in our small group. I about cried and was so excited...that is when I knew that a new season/adventure was going to start for me here in the DM area. I have so many things going on and I feel like this is the most important one that God has placed in front of me at the moment. I know he is going to use me to touch the lives of these freshman. I am sooooo excited for this challenge and adventure with them over the next year.

I just got done going to a soccer game of two of the girls and it brought so much joy to know that they wanted me there and were excited to see me afterwards. They did such a good job. They both scored goals today and they told me that this was the first game all season that they had scored goals. How cool is that?! Good for them. I am so excited to continue this journey with them.

God, I pray for each of my freshman girls. I pray that you be with them in school, give them self-control and help them resist temptation of this world. Give them your confidence and help them get along with their families as well. I pray Lord that you speak to me about their needs and that you give me the words you want me to speak to them and minister to them. Thank you Lord for this new adventure! :)

No comments: