Tuesday, October 7, 2008

John 10':10

"The thief comes only to steal, kill, and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10

Yesterday as I was working at Des Moines Christian subbing in a preschool room the kids were napping and a friend had given me this verse earlier in the day. I decided to study it and ponder it during nap time. Since this is a Christian school we are encouraged to read the Bible or devotionals during nap time, which is GREAT! I love feeling free to do that where I won't get looked at weird etc. Although, in this broken world it would make sense to read your Bible on break anyway to be a witness to those who don't believe.

So during this time of studying and pondering I asked the Lord to speak to me about this verse and this is what it means to me: The thief seems to be people who try to destroy your dreams. Who tries to stear you away from what you know God has called you to do. For me, God has called me into youth ministry and I have told many people this and many people (mostly my family) has encouraged me to pursue other things...and tellking me that there are many many options when I know that but also know that God has seriously called me into youth ministry so why would I waste my time looking at other things that I know I am not called into?

God has died and come back so we don't have to suffer like Jesus did and so that our sins are forgiven. that is what it means that we may have life because we are free because of those things that He did for us.

Those who aren't happy in their lives or are trying to feel accomplished through you will try to steal or destroy wha you are doing or what you could do. Everyday is a gift from God and it will be full if you allow God to enter in each moment of each day. :) Thank you God for giving us each day as a gift and symbol of your love.

No comments: