Sunday, October 5, 2008

Thankful

Today God has spoke to me in many ways. It all started this morning when our pastor was talking about God's covenant and that it means: "Sacred promise from God." At Ignition tonight covenant was brought up again. As I have been thing about this word...."covenant" it seems that God is speaking to me and saying that he promises to provide in this tough situation that I am going through. He promises to provide in any way needed. He promises to comfort me in times of sadness and to be joyful with me in those joyful times. I am so thankful that God has reminded me of this and brought this to my attention. I am comforted by just being reminded of this. It brings me joy to know that God promises all these things for us and that he sent His son to die for us to be in covenant with him. Imagine if he hadn't sent his son to die for us. What kind of corrupt world would we live in? It freaks me out to even think about that.

Thank you Lord for creating this covenant so that we have assurance that we are protected and provided for. I have been reminded tonight Lord that you will provide for me and take care of me through this tough and trying time. I pray that I continue to see your grace, gentleness and mercy that you give me each day. I love you Lord. AMEN!

After I went to the 9:15 service I helped out with One Body KQ (our special needs ministry during Sunday School) at the 11:00 service. This is always a blessing to me because not only do I learn from the Bible lessons, but I get to make a difference in a young child's life who has special needs. Today the girl I usually work with didn't show up so I worked with a little Kindergarten boy. He is actually pretty independent until craft time comes and depending on the craft time he sometimes needs help. So the lesson today was on Abraham and Sarah and how they wanted a baby and God said that he would give them a baby. However, Abraham was almost 100 so they thought it was impossible. But God promised them a baby. So...they waited, and waited, and waited, and waited, and waited, and waited!!! We had to act out the waiting part in several different ways and this just hit home sooooo much and kind of makes me want to reread that story again. Abraham and Sarah had to be patient and wait. As we were acting this "waiting" out, it was so cute to watch the kids put their hand on their chin, then lie on their stomachs and do the same thing, then lie on their back just waiting and waiting...it really reminded me of how long I have been waiting. I totally understand that I am supposed to wait and be patient and continue to be patient.

Thank you God for that reminder today. It is not easy to wait, but it is worth the wait in the end. God, I know you have perfect timing for everything. I thank you for that and pray that you show me what that timing is with this youth ministry thing that I am pursuing, whether it be this job in MN or wherever...I know your timing is perfect and if you want me at HOPE for the rest of the year to minister to these freshman girls I am happy to do that. I just want to be obedient Lord and go where you want me. Thank you Lord for giving me this gift with children and this desire to be a youth director. I pray that you lead me where you want me when you want me there. It's all about you Lord and not about me or my plan or my timing. Jesus you are AMAZING! AMEN!

No comments: