Wednesday, March 11, 2009

All Moved In!!!

Well it's been about a month since I have written and a lot has happened. The main thing is that I moved into the basement of the house I am nannying at, which you may have read about in my previous blog. I moved in on Wednesday March 4th, so I have been living here for about a week and I LOVE it! Like I wrote in the last blog it is more than I could have ever asked for or imagined! :) (Eph. 3:20-21) God has blown me away with my living situation. I have such a nice living space with a private bedroom/bathroom, living room area, kichenette with a sink and refridgerator and I even get to park my car in the garage!!! I also get Satellite TV and DVR in my room and in the living area which I have never had before and pumped about. Oh yeah and I can't forget about the Wii Fit that they just got that is connected to the TV down here in the basement! :) I would say I am basically spoiled...actually blessed is probably a better way to say it. ;)

The first couple days that I lived here I was sooooo excited to have an area to call my own for the first time in 4 years and not have a roommate. Not that roommates are bad at all. I loved having roommates (at times) but I feel like I can call this area in the basement "mine" even though we do share the living room area from time to time and the playroom is in the basement but a seperate room off of the living room area. I technically have 5 roommates that I totally love living right above me. :) So because i was so excited to have my own space and finally be settled and coming out of the transition period since moving was kind of the last of that, I totally unpacked a TON of stuff the first couple of days. I am at a slowing down period of unpacking, but when I come back from my Mission Trip to Jamaica I will tackle it again. I am completely satisfied, feel very peaceful and at home here at the Rouse's, I feel as though I am totally a part of their family!

God has blessed me with this amazing family, job, living space and I love everything about all of it. I was sitting down here in "my apartment" in their basement on the computer after I worked yesterday and it was quiet for just a few minutes until Avery, the youngest woke up from nap, and Ella got home from preschool. Then I heard both of the girls just being silly and laughing and playing with their dad. It was the greatest background sound ever. I love their laughs. Kids enjoy life so much and laugh about everything. We, as adults need to do that more often and not let the little things get us down! Another night this past week the family was getting ready for dinner and the mom was sitting with the kids singing songs with them letting each of them pick a song for all of them to sing. I just love the sound of parents interacting with their kids, having fun etc. I hope to be a great parent someday and that I can learn from the examples of all these amazing parents that I am blessed to know. Thank you Lord for providing me with such a wonderful family to live with and work with.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Okay, I'm crying right now. We are so blessed to have you! I also need to remember you're down there listen....I better use my "nice" mommy voice! : )

Christy said...

Awesome!!!!!